The History of Yeronga
Dr Michael Macklin * has been researching the history of Yeronga for many years and is progressively publishing his work here.
The first temporary church in Yeronga resided in an old, timber Queenslander and was named Kadumba House. It was blessed and opened on April 19, 1925.
The History of Yeronga series published to date
Thirteen parts of the history are available to download.
- Early History of Yeronga
- A Veritable Garden of Eden
- Early Land Sales
- Early Farming
- Published Information on gatherings of Traditional Owners
- Cotton Farming
- From Boggo to Yeronga
- Further Colonial Settlement
- The ‘O’ Streets
- At the time of Stephens Shire
- The Animal Refuge
- Kadumba Street
* Dr. Michael Macklin established the Australian Democrats in Queensland, was elected to the Senate in 1980 and retired from politics in 1990. He then oversaw the highly successful Capital Campaign for the restoration of old Customs House. From 2002 to 2007, Michael was Professor and Executive Dean of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences at UNE. He is now happily retired but busy as a keen historian, grandfather and, when possible, enthusiastic traveller.
The Yeronga State School playground, 1923.