Streets of Stephens
Commencing in 2021, the Annerley-Stephens History Group is progressively documenting the history of the streets in the local area.
We would love to hear the history of your street
The Annerley-Stephens History Group focuses on the suburbs of Annerley, Fairfield, Yeronga, Yeerongpilly, Moorooka, Tarragindi, Tennyson, and those parts of Greenslopes, Holland Park West and Mt Gravatt west of Logan Road. This is the former Stephens Shire.
We want to collect street histories from these areas!
You can help us by researching and writing about your street, and then making a short presentation on this information at a local library or at one of our monthy meetings. Some questions to get you started are:
- Has the street name any significance?
- Has the street always had the same name?
- How has the street changed over time?
- What is the oldest house or significant place in the street?
- Who has lived in the street – one interesting character?
Our members can assist you with preparing your presentation and then liaise with you in publishing your history on this website.
Email: [email protected]
To share this information, please download the flyer.
We are currently preparing histories for the following streets:
- Mildmay Street, Fairfield
- Lothian Street, Annerley
- Castle Street, Fairfield
- Fingal Street, Tarragindi
- Colebrook Avenue, Moorooka
- Ruby Avenue, Tarragindi
- Luya Street, Fairfield
- Robinson Park, Fairfield
- Waldheim Street, Annerley.